4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

More spoa help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Wheels / tyres / brakes / steering / suspension / chassis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azza

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 18:32    Post subject: More spoa help Reply with quote

Hello all,

I Brought my sj with colway tires (31 x 10.5 r15) 3 are good, Webber carb, SPOA, higher lift leaf spring 2"/3" not sure, bucket seats, 2.5 ton winch, winch bumper and rock sliders all for £560. with tax and mot.

But the guy didnt look after it so i have had to replace all the breaks and bearings a bit of welding and added some polybushes oil and filters. I also just had to change the rear diff as it was mashed.

I think it is down to axle wrap and the springs do take the wrap of the diff and then release it when i start to move off causing my sj to lunge forward. I only have 1 prop spacer at the front so i guess this doesnt help the diff. So i need to make (as im tight) a wrap bar, bam bar etc.

I have seem some on other website but if i just stuck a bit of metal across the top of the diff and then rammed in a old car spring between the diff and the body/chassis of the sj would this work the same as welding a bar on the side on the diff?

Has any one else added anti wrap bar?

Thanks Azza

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 18:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Richie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Azza

Sounds like you got a bargin. We need Pics  Wink  I think your idea may help a little bit but dont think it will go far enough to cure it. The torque of the engine will still twist the axle. I have a SPOAed SJ project on the go at the moment and have looked around in my will come in usefull pile (scrap) and think I will be making something out of anti-roll bars as they have the bushed ends needed, several of them threaded on like track rod ends. Maybe worth thinking about  Wink
Azza

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i had a little look around and ask at difflock,

A bam bar seems the easyest way of doing it.

>>>> more read here <<<<

Sound like you know your stuff and only down the road Wink
Azza

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Wheels / tyres / brakes / steering / suspension / chassis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: