2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

front wheels towing in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Wheels / tyres / brakes / steering / suspension / chassis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donk

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 18:19    Post subject: front wheels towing in Reply with quote

could any body please help me and tell me why my front wheels are towing in at the top please and how to cure this as all the other suzukis ive looked at none of them do this. It a samurai fitted with a 1.6 vitara engine and spring over axle dont know if this makes any difference to the problem or the cure
many thanks donk  Sad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 18:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Richie

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Most likely cause is King Pins but also worth checking wheel bearings  Wink
Donk

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate thank you i will try and get a look at it this week end
is this a hard job as im new to all this Laughing
Richie

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheel bearings should just tweak up but its more likely to be kingpins. If you jack car up so weight is off the wheel and then peer over the top so you can see the swivel joint, As you rock the wheel from the top and bottom you will see the hub moving back and forth on the swivel. If it does then its king pins. Undo the four 10mm (I think) bolts on the top of the hub just behind the brake caliper and pull the king pin out. If you are luck there will be a shim/washer between the kingpin and the hub. Throw the shim away and reassemble and then repeat for the bottom kingpin and hopefully if they are not to bad that will do the trick.

Its quite hard to explain in writing but hopefully that makes sense. There is another trick if there is still some play as the kingpins are about £40 each but I will explain that if above does'nt work. Job should take about half an hour so nice and easy.

Hope that helps

Rich
suzota

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

the other possibility is that the axle is bent.
have you been jumping it. Shocked
Donk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your help ive had a chance to have a good look now and i think the prob is a bit of both the king pin thing abd the front axle is bent so now i just need to find a cheep front axle
many thanks Dave Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Wheels / tyres / brakes / steering / suspension / chassis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: