4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

My next 4X4.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaiRees

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 21:55    Post subject: My next 4X4..... Reply with quote

Right guys, all the local greenlanes are being closed down, and those that are still open I've done to death, so I'm thinking of venturing further afield. Now I don't wanna be driving my Sammy long distances on the road, it's noisy, shaky and not exactly confidence inspiring, plus I want to be able to take the tea pot lids out with me now and again, so proper back seats with proper seat belts are a must.

Now, I'd more or less decided to get a SWB Mk2 Pajero, a budget of £1500 or so to get an early 90's example, but then I thought about running costs, cost of mods, tax, insurance, fuel etc. and I don't know if I can justify that for a pure weekend toy. So I was wondering about a Jimny, my £1500 budget would get me a  pretty decent year 2000 model, which brings me (eventually) to the point of this post....

What are they like off road? Obviously I'll chuck a set of muds on it but how do they perform both with minor mods and without?

and....

What are they like on road? Comfortable cruising at say 65 - 70 mph? OK to drive for a couple of hours, lane all day then drive back home without feeling like your head's on fire? Shocked

Any comments appreciated  Wink

PS: Anyone wanna buy a sammy? Laughing  Wink  Razz
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 21:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DiscoBull

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 22:38    Post subject: Re: My next 4X4..... Reply with quote

DaiRees wrote:
Right guys, all the local greenlanes are being closed down, and those that are still open I've done to death, so I'm thinking of venturing further afield. Now I don't wanna be driving my Sammy long distances on the road, it's noisy, shaky and not exactly confidence inspiring, plus I want to be able to take the tea pot lids out with me now and again, so proper back seats with proper seat belts are a must.

Now, I'd more or less decided to get a SWB Mk2 Pajero, a budget of £1500 or so to get an early 90's example, but then I thought about running costs, cost of mods, tax, insurance, fuel etc. and I don't know if I can justify that for a pure weekend toy. So I was wondering about a Jimny, my £1500 budget would get me a  pretty decent year 2000 model, which brings me (eventually) to the point of this post....

What are they like off road? Obviously I'll chuck a set of muds on it but how do they perform both with minor mods and without?

and....

What are they like on road? Comfortable cruising at say 65 - 70 mph? OK to drive for a couple of hours, lane all day then drive back home without feeling like your head's on fire? Shocked

Any comments appreciated  Wink

PS: Anyone wanna buy a sammy? Laughing  Wink  Razz

For your budget i would say a Perjeo would be easy to get Asplando has one paid just over £900 i belive  Wink  
His without M/T tyres went well on Sailbury plains and the onlt thing he brook was the front number plate  Wink  

Ok did'nt do alot of Popper offroading with it but when we got to a couple of place we fort it may suffer with road tryes but NO it was very good  Wink

There a bigger and nicer looking then the Jimmy IMO  Laughing
redneck

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you really save that much getting a jimny over a MK2 Paj  Question  i'm not so sure, I would have thought there's not much in it.
I've just gone the MK2 route from a MK1 Paj (actually swapping over at the end of the month  Very Happy )
Never driven a jimny but the MK2 Paj is a really nice drive, as for mods, for laning the mods can be done pretty cheaply it depends what you want to do. The advantage of a Paj is that you have a vehicle with enough beef behind it to tow your buddy out of sticky situations, I know guys with SJ's who are reluctant to go laning with bigger vehicles because of not being able to assist in a recovery.

I would be interested in opinions of the Paj Vs Jimny pros and cons  Wink
DiscoBull

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 22:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

redneck wrote:
Would you really save that much getting a jimny over a MK2 Paj  Question  i'm not so sure, I would have thought there's not much in it.
I've just gone the MK2 route from a MK1 Paj (actually swapping over at the end of the month  Very Happy )
Never driven a jimny but the MK2 Paj is a really nice drive, as for mods, for laning the mods can be done pretty cheaply it depends what you want to do. The advantage of a Paj is that you have a vehicle with enough beef behind it to tow your buddy out of sticky situations, I know guys with SJ's who are reluctant to go laning with bigger vehicles because of not being able to assist in a recovery.

I would be interested in opinions of the Paj Vs Jimny pros and cons  Wink

Im with the Paj  Laughing
asplando

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm with the paj has i have one and a suzuki but the paj wins the on road drive any time and it's not bad off road as standard

Ivan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: