4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

How do i change my rear lights?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SminkyPinky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 20:44    Post subject: How do i change my rear lights? Reply with quote

Someone has hit my rear driver side indicator lens on my MKI vitara.  Only the orange lens has been broken and at least half is still intact.

I have been looking for replacement lights on ebay, but i'm having trouble finding one and i have no idea how you would go about changing the light unit or the lens.

ideally i'd like to only do the lens but i'm not sure if that is possible.

Is it difficult?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 20:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Richie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the forum

Sorry to hear some one has damaged your car  Crying or Very sad  I presume it is your front indicator  Question  I cant remember how the indicators are held in place but it shouldnt be a hard job to replace the complete unit. I am sure a current Vitara owner we be along soon to confirm  Wink
SminkyPinky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, it is the rear indicator where the reverse, brake and indicator lenses sit together.

I have seen a couple on ebay but some are from the wrong model of vitara.

i am wondering if it might be easier to tell the insurance company and get them to sort it out.  i thought rather than lose no claims and have to pay an excess, but depends on the price of a new lens and fitting....
Richie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry just noticed the title REAR lights  bandhead

There is if i remember rightly 3 or 4 screws holding the lens on to the light housing. If it is only the lens damaged the simply screw a relacement on, nice and simple. Should be able to find one at a scapyard, and most parts are off the cars nowadays. If the light unit itself is damaged it will prabably have a screw or 2  or maybe a clip holding it in and a plug with several wires which will need to be unclipped then again just refit a replacement unit. I wouldnt think it was worth yopur no claims to go through the insurance.
As long as you can get a replacement light/lens its a very straight forward job  Wink
zocko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

try polden autos in ferndown as i said to someone else...

01202 893090
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: