2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

HELP WATER WATER EVERYWHERE...well in the drivers footwell?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DinkyDonk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 16:59    Post subject: HELP WATER WATER EVERYWHERE...well in the drivers footwell? Reply with quote

Drivers footwell filling up with water...but only when it rains!
Is this a common fault? I see it run down the inside of the bulkhead,it is behind the dash so cannot pin point the exact point of breech Confused

Will buy new external windscreen window trims and put them in with a bit of silicon sealant to make sure....any other suggestions or known faults greatfully received.

regards   Kieron
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 16:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

me and the wife

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

remove the rubber bungs in the footwell to help it drain away... Very Happy
DaiRees

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing  Rolling Eyes

Right there should be drain holes from the heater vent in front of the windscreen, make sure they're clear because if not the water that goes in there gathers then drips into the footwell. Not sure exactly where they are on the vitara, but on the SJ they drain through the bulkhead into the engine bay.

HTH Confused

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this of any help

[web:275d2b2cae]http://forum.difflock.com/viewtopic.php?t=20321[/web:275d2b2cae]
DinkyDonk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question Brilliant gents just need to locate the drain holes in the vent area then have a looksie at the rubber grommet behind the battery......i am quite pleased that my tray is as solid as the day it was fabricated Very Happy

However the wife has just snapped the gear stick Rolling Eyes
Looks like it has a weak point maybe for a safety feature???? what ever happened i have been driving it around with about 1" of stick.....in this case size does matter!!!!!!
Will get some more gas for the welder tomorrow and see if i cannot put a collect on it.

cheers Gents
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: