2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Upgrading headlights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
El Casareño inglés

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:16    Post subject: Upgrading headlights Reply with quote

I have a Santana Samurai with the original CE (H2?) type headlights.  They are really weedy and will definitely NOT DO when commuting in the dark (only a month or so away, I get up early in the morning).

Has anyone done upgrades and what would you recommend.  I suspect light bars are out as I've never seen any and are therefore likely to fall foul of Spanish C&U regs.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DaiRees

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning, yeah there is a halogen bulb that's a straight swap. I went into a motor factors looking for a replacement standard bulb (after a 40 mile trip in the dark and the rain with only one headlight Shocked ) and the guy said "why don't you get these instead....?" Much better and they were only £2.99 each. Will have a look if I can find a part number when I get home (I've still got an empty box in the garage I think).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been hunting around for decent CE type replacement bulbs for a while now with no success.  I also own a Citroen C15 van which takes the same type bulb, and the so-called halogens available here are not a great improvement.

Is it possible to find a replacement for the whole lamp assembly (like what I did with the '67 Mini I once had)?

I've also noticed that the front bull bar has brackets for lamps.  Anyone fitted aftermarket lamps to these?  Any problems to watch out for?
samurai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

on my samurai i have h4s standard fitted at 60w
samurai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw not the greatest bulbs aroud but they do the job, otherwise see if you can fit HDs shouldn`t be much hassle
hjdary

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just been reading about the bulbs in our Grand Vitara today as it goes and I'm wondering, when they  blow if I can change them myself or not.

It has the D2S lamps in and according to the hand book its a trip to the dealer when they blow. I've seen the lamps on the net at around £40 each.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: