All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

crushed top hose

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 23:09    Post subject: crushed top hose Reply with quote

hi ..... has any one had a problem with their tpo hose crushing on a vitara...... it dosn't use any water ...... but if i lift the bonnet i find the hose all sucked in ..... release the rad filler cap and it poops back....... WHY ... can any one offer any remmady to stop this
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 23:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

redneck

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin
Welcome to the club.

My thoughts are that you must be getting a vacuum in the system.
As the water heats up in the cooling system it will also expand or pressurise, the radiator cap is designed to keep this pressure in, i'm thinking that as the water heats in your system steam is escaping somewhere and when it cools down you then have a vacuum causing the hose to suck in.
I would check for any small leaks around the hoses and also check the rad cap itself, it may be allowing steam out under pressure.
Do you have an expansion tank on your Vit  Question  If so it could be that you have the wrong type of cap fitted to your radiator, it should be one that allows water to flow to and from the expansion tank if you have one fitted. If it has a non expansion type cap fitted to a system with an expansion tank it will not allow this flow.
HTH  Wink
Benner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the club Martin.

I would go with Rednecks suggestion.  I can't say I have noticed that problem myself on mine.
redneck

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you getting on with this Martin  Question
Heantbgin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel it very much and most excellent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: