4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Smoking Ban ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knight

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 14:43    Post subject: Smoking Ban ? Reply with quote

Smoking Ban whats every ones thoughts Confused

IMPERIAL A/F SOCKETS: Once used for working on older cars and motorcycles, they are now used mainly for impersonating that 13mm or 19mm socket you've been searching for for the last 15 minutes.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 14:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DaiRees

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been in place in Wales for ages. It's great to come home from a night out without smelling like an ashtray, but it's done nothing for my diet! (Not wanting to go back to work smelling of smoke was the only reason I could find not to go to the cafe of a lunchtime, "bumper breakfast" intake has increased dramatically in recent months Laughing )

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't even get me started!!!  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

I have just been told that if I want to smoke I have to work an additional 2.5 hours a week!  I wouldn't mind but I actually timed myself the other day and in total I took less than 10mins a day.  So my company is doing well out of it.

Overall, I feel that with pub's etc it should have been up to the landlord whether they want to allow smoking or not.  I can understand why non smokers don't like it, but that way if they didn't like it they could just chose not to go to those places.

I am also interested in where all this tax that will be lost from smoking and where the costs to enforce the non smoking law will be coming from.
DaiRees

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benner wrote:
Overall, I feel that with pub's etc it should have been up to the landlord whether they want to allow smoking or not.  I can understand why non smokers don't like it, but that way if they didn't like it they could just chose not to go to those places.

That's what I was thinking, then I realised that they'd only be able to employ staff who smoked, which is discriminatory, but if they employed non-smokers they'd inevitably end up in court. Legislation driven cultire eh? world gone mad! Mad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaiRees wrote:
Legislation driven cultire eh? world gone mad! Mad

Exactly.
Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i still smoke in the office my MD is never here and me and the head of tech support go into the server room and puff by the vents well sneaky  Wink  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

IMPERIAL A/F SOCKETS: Once used for working on older cars and motorcycles, they are now used mainly for impersonating that 13mm or 19mm socket you've been searching for for the last 15 minutes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> In the news All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: